Saturday 2 June 2007

Improvement?

So what have I sold my soul for in signing up to the "Unholy Alliance". Well I've been given a portfolio on the Executive Board - I'm now the Executive Member for Improvement!

Improvement of what you might well ask? Well - it used to be called "Corporate Governance" but that was considered too obscure for the public to understand.

So, the name was changed to "Improving the Council" - as in "Executive Member for Improving the Council". But that was quickly abandoned either because it seemed too heavy a burden for one councillor - or because it gave cause for too much public ribaldry (and we can't have that!)

Perhaps it's best described as the bits left over from the other (more obvious) Executive Member - Environment, Economy, Communities - I dunno?

So - Improvement? What do you think needs improving?

No comments: